Express Medicals offers a full range of validated and approved testing for the virus that causes COVID-19 plus a doctor-led consultancy to advise you on results and back-to-work programmes including management of Long Covid.
All our programmes are backed by educational materials and online training produced with our commercial partners at Imperial College.
Our testing can be administered in clinic or at your site with our offering being PCR testing or lateral flow testing using Antigen or Antibody kits.
- PCR swab testing is currently the gold standard in COVID-19 detection. A simple nose and / or throat swab provides a positive or negative result within 48 hours upon receipt at the laboratory. A PCR test will identify the presence of the COVID-19 virus from its genetic material, Ribonucleic-Acid (RNA).
- Antigen lateral flow swab test is simple and accurate with results available after only 15 minutes. This is the ideal tool to identify and manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The antigen test detects the presence of specific proteins on the surface of the SARSCoV-2 virus which causes the COVID 19 disease.
- Antibody laboratory or lateral flow blood tests can tell you if you are in the mid-to-late stages of infection with IgM antibodies becoming detectable after 5 to 7 days. IgG becomes detectable around 12-14 days from the onset of symptoms. Antibody tests can also tell you if you have been infected and recovered from the COVID-19 virus. Laboratory tests give a positive or negative result within 48 hours upon receipt at the laboratory. Lateral flow test results are available after only 15 minutes.
When you need fast results to support your business decisions we recommend you use lateral flow kits.
We sell two types of tests kits that test for COVID-19.
- Antigen nasal or throat swab test
- Antibody (IgM/IgG) test using a finger-prick of blood.
How will lateral flow tests help me and my business?
Because the results are available in minutes, you will be supported in making rapid business decisions. Our clinicians and scientific team are available to advise you. Our supporting materials include printed information and an online training course devised with our scientific advisers at Imperial College, London.
These kits are part of our package especially designed to help employers create and maintain a safe COVID-19 working environment.
Please get in touch to find out more about any of our products and services.