FACT: Many people who quit smoking feel in charge, feel more relaxed, have more money and are not as worried about their health.
They look and feel better, their skin looks healthier and they have more energy when they walk, play or do something active. Also they don’t smell of smoke! So Stop smoking – save money!
Find ways to cope by learning from past attempts.
- Tell everyone that you are quitting.
- Join a stop smoking group and ask colleagues if they want to join you.
- Try the gums/ lozenges/patches available.
- Place stickers/pictures in places to motivate you.
- Remember how much money you will save.
- Congratulate yourself on your achievements.
- Call the NHS Smokefree Helpline -0300 123 1044. • Fix a definite “quit”date.