Drug testing in the workplace
Not only are drug and alcohol-related problems responsible for millions of lost work days per year, they are also involved in up to 60% of all fatal work-related accidents.
Drugs and alcohol testing in the workplace can be a daunting prospect for any business. That is why Express Medicals offers simple and reliable advice to help you implement or maintain your drug and alcohol policy.
It’s essential that companies have the right alcohol and drug test policy in place for their business â€“ and that it is communicated effectively throughout the workforce
How we can help
Employers are breaking the law if they are aware of drink and/or drug-related activities in the workplace and fail to act. They also have a duty of care to protect staff from the mistakes of other employees acting under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
When it comes to applying alcohol and drug testing in the workplace our advisory service offers businesses everything it needs to create a clear policy. The advice provided will guide directors and managers through how to apply a drug and alcohol policy effectively across a company’s workforce so that it has maximum benefit.
This is why, to support our rapid, accurate drug and alcohol testing service, Express Medicals offers advice, consultancy and training to support and guide businesses in establishing their policies with respect to substance misuse and/or alcohol abuse at work.
Drugs & Alcohol Services
- Drug and alcohol policy writing and review
- Drug and alcohol training seminars and workshops
- Drug and alcohol collection officer training courses
- Nationwide collection service and UKAS-accredited analysis of samples
- Urine, saliva and hair testing
- Testing available: pre-employment, pre-placement, random, for cause and post incident
- Medical review officer services
- Expert witness service
- PoCTs / ‘instant’ drug screening kits
- For cause / post incident service
- Medication advice service